Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Snow = Fun Times

I gotta tell ya…I love snow/winter.

There’s something about the cold, crisp (fresh) air and pretty white snow everywhere that somehow makes me feel a little more alive and full of joy.

Connor and Cosette are obviously kids full of wonder to this bizarre phenomenon they haven't experienced until this move. Even Wendy has giggled like a school girl from time to time. I suspect that years from now the novelty may have dulled somewhat. At least that seems to be the attitude of most of the locals. I'm looking forward to every bit of snow I can get, and everyone at work grumbles and worries.

Speaking of snow....I'm patting myself on the back for getting some pretty darn good winter tires. When I lived in Denver back in 2000 I didn't get winter tires for my Ford Ranger and believe me, I slid around a bit. But with the several days I've driven with these new tires I've been very impressed/pleased with their performance. I've even intentionally stopped/started fast and taken curves a little quick (in safe areas with no cars around) to "test" them out, and I've had a hard time trying to slide on purpose! (Wendy doesn't really approve of my "testing") I didn't even get top-of-the-line tires, but relatively affordable Hankook tires.

Check Wendy's site out for some awesome snow pics.

Whew...one medium-sized post every 2-3 weeks wears a fella out. That's all for now.