Tuesday, May 20, 2008

California

I'm sitting in the living room of my parents' house in California now.
I'll outline the week's itinerary as I learn what it is. I will only have cell phone pictures as I left the camera with wendy so she can get nice shots on the train ride and zoo day.

Tonight's flight was one of the easiest trips I've ever taken. CoSpgs airport was veritably deserted. It's small in comparison to most major city airports anyways. I was on of 4-5 people in the entire check-in area. I got a hot dog at the A&W inside (since the other 2 eating options were closed). I used the free wireless to hop on the internet for a while while talking on the phone with a couple people.

The flight itself was ahead of schedule/making good time. I had an empty seat next to me (not full flight), so room to spread out. I read Tolkien's sequel to The Lord of the Rings. I had a decent (but alas, cold) "Texas Chicken Wrap" sandwich. I waited barely 5 minutes at baggage claim for my suitcase.

The plane itself was of the smaller variety:


















Here's what I enjoyed during the flight: