Thursday, October 11, 2007

Long lost update

Well, it's been a while since an update again...mostly because nothing dramatic has happened I guess, but also because I put it off. But there are a few interesting things to talk about.

Forgive the dry structure, but I think it helps me get the update done. (I've always done better with structure vs. free-form)


1. At the men's retreat a couple weeks ago, most of the men (including myself) committed to getting plugged into an accountability group that would meet once a week for at least a year. We're not talking "let's go through a Bible study guide together" kind of thing. More of a hard-core, deep secrets/issues intense thing. Of course I say this having only met with my guys once so far. But the three of us immediately connected and I'm really excited about it.

3. My group decided to try a fast this week in order to ask God about something we wanted answers to (each of us had different questions). I did mine on Monday....and I'm not sure how I feel about what happened. I don't feel like I "accomplished" anything spiritually, and broke my fast a little earlier than I planned, but one of the guys in my group encouraged me by pointing out that you can never fail when you are trying to get closer to God.

4. Cosette. Ok, we all know how cute she is...but did you know that she's a freaking genius!?
Connor's great, God bless him. But Cosette's vocabulary is expanding exponentially at an age way earlier than Connor. Wendy's got a list of her words here: http://weetoesandnoggins.blogspot.com/2007/10/talking-up-storm-were-in-shock-everyday.html

5. Good news: I found out this week that my company offers $1,800 per year in tuition reimbursement. Hmm...

More later...I'm tired now.