Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Today was a good day!

In light of my current circumstances, it may seem counter-intuitive, but I have to say that I had a really good day today. I'm writing this at 11:30pm on Wednesday, Sept. 30 - the day I got laid off from my job. I wanted to post this earlier, but so much is going on. I could probably babble ad nauseum, but will try to do this in list form to keep it succinct.

* It was the end of a hard week of long-hours and lots of stress
* I had a great time this morning with the Lord, reading through Psalms
* Someone bought lunch for me again (two days in a row)
* Several people on-site and off, in person, in email, and on the phone had a lot of nice things to say to me
* I laughed often
* Throughout the day, I had a great amount of peace and calm
* I have (had!) such great bosses, who have pledged references, help, encouragement, etc. whenever I should need it
* I got to leave at 3:30
* Someone bought me dinner
* Set-up to run sound was eerily straight-forward and worked more easily than usual
* I was able to worship
* While taking communion, I was overwhelmed with a sense of God's love for me, and I felt nothing but gratitude, peace and joy
* I got to have a great time of conversation throughout the evening with a friend
* I got to chat with (and pray for) my brother whom I have been continuing to grow closer to
* I got to see my kids run up yelling "Daddy!" with smiles
* I got more ideas and vision for how to build this homeless ministry adventure
* I rec'd an incredibly generous gift from someone at church to help by food for the homeless, and for my family
* I rec'd wedding anniversary card & gift from my parents so Wendy & I can go on an anniversary date! (Bro is watching the kids!)
* A friend offered to take our kids overnight so Wendy and I can have time for just the two of us!
* I have a couple interviews and job leads lined up over the next week or so
* I have 8 hours of work this weekend doing setup/tear-down for a special event that will bring in some cash
* I'm excited about the all-day Prayer workshop on Saturday
* I get to sleep in tomorrow!
* I have so many things to be thankful for, that I'm having a hard time remembering/thinking of them all!!!

Can you see why it's impossible for me to be anxious, depressed, etc.? I've been in such a good mood today.

Thank you Lord for loving and providing for me and my family!!
=)