Friday, July 27, 2007

Umm...Hello? Is this thing on?

Ok, sorry for the obnoxiously long hiatus from updating, Jeri. (And Jenny?) I'm still not sure if anyone other than Wendy and Jeri have ever seen this blog, but just in case, I'll give a quick update. (And I suppose the catharsis of writing my thoughts down has innate value.)

Today was my first day at my new job!
Here's how I got to this point:

On Monday, Wendy and I were calling each others' cell phones in an attempt to figure out a volume problem she was having. During this I almost missed a phone call from one of the temp agencies working for me. But I talked to them, and they wanted to set up an interview for me on Tuesday for a Human Resources job.

Tuesday I had the interview, and at the time I felt it went really well; I answered questions strongly, and promoted my strengths, and got a good feeling from the whole experience. The interviewer said she had one more person to interview and they would make a decision by Friday.

2 HOURS LATER....I get a call from the temp agency saying the company was offering me the position! Naturally, I accepted. And they wanted me to start today (Friday).

It's basically a Human Resources Assistant position, M-F, 8-5. I was warmly welcomed by everyone on the staff today; had a tour of the office; and got to work. They basically showed me the process for new hires and terminations, filing, etc. I was pretty busy all day and am looking forward to Monday.

Thanks for the prayers, God has provided, and Wendy is much happier/relaxed knowing that we will be able to afford things like rent/bills/etc.

J-dog