Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Goal/Resolution

Pastor Kelly's message got me thinking...about how we (I) encourage and affirm others. And I've come to the realization that I talk about people, more than I talk to people. I think I do this most often with my wife, but also my kids and friends as well.

I'll tell someone how I see Wendy growing in knowledge of God and maturity, but I don't think I've ever explicitly said that to her face. I brag to friends/family/strangers about something Connor said or did that I'm proud of....but did I tell him I was proud of him for that? I want to try and build people up to their face more often.

Other challenges pastor Kelly has given us, that I still need to do:
1. Think of the top 10 people in your life you are thankful for...and tell them that you are thankful for them.

2. List the top 10 things you are thankful for someone...and tell them, either in person or in writing. The challenging part is to pick someone who has hurt you or is ungrateful to you for something(s) you've done for them. Bless and affirm them.
Kelly: "That's hard. But if you can do that, it will make you an extraordinary leader."