Monday, April 13, 2009

More Poems

I know I should talk more about what's goin' on with life...thoughts, experiences, etc.
But for now all you get is the last few poems for the PAD challenge. =)


4/9
For today's prompt, I want you write a poem about a memory. The memory can be good or bad. The memory can be a blend of several memories. I suppose it could even be a memory that you're not sure you remember correctly. Take your time finding a good one (or good ones).

"Trying To Remember"

What just happened?
Who am I?
My heart races as I
notice clues written on my arm
and my chest
and my leg.
I have no friends.
I have no life before
this moment.

Frantically, I search for a pen
to write down the name
of the person I just met.
Photographs seem to help,
but this one is scratched out.

Friend or foe?
I may never know.
I finally figure it out,
beyond all trace of doubt.
I kill my only friend.
My worst enemy in the end
is me.


4/10
For today's prompt, I want you to write a poem about Friday. Do you like Fridays? Despise Fridays? Of course, you can also write about something that happened on a Friday--or write an ode to Fridays. Or, as you know, I'm all for seeing you attack this from an angle I haven't thought of yet.

Friday
Free at last!
Escape from Reality
with friends and family.
PAH-TAY
with my family and friends.
An escape from Reality -
I feel free at last on
Friday

4/11
For today's prompt, I want you to write a poem about an object (or objects). Though you don't have to confine yourself to straight up description, I do want you to focus on object and/or make it a central piece of your poem.

Not terribly clever, but here's a cinquain about a favorite object at the center of many conversations lately.

Towering
statue of
Anubis. Is that
what it is? I'm
Lost

4/12
For today's prompt, I want you to take the phrase "So we decided to (blank)" and fill in the blank. Make that your title and write a poem. Some possibilities include "So we decided to plant a tree" or "So we decided to burn a hole in the sky."

"So we decided to run"

"Hah! They're nothing!" we scoffed.
Bravado and cocky confidence
swelled our heads.
Swagger and switchblades were
enough to earn fear and respect.
Six of us, only three of them - there was
no suspense here; we knew how it would end.
I began to speak,
to urge them to beat it...when the tall one
pulled out a gun.
So we decided to run.