Monday, June 25, 2007

Flimsy Connection

Sorry for going so long without an update. I'm not able to get Steve's DSL line to work with my laptop, so I'm "borrowing" a wireless connection from a neighbor. My laptop says there's a connection available, and I hop onto the interent; but it doesn't work all the time.

Anyways....I've been able to talk to Wendy (and Connor & Cosette) every day on the phone, so at least they've been able to hear what's going on.

Wednesday-Friday I did a lot of passing-out-of-resumes and filling-out-of-applications, mostly in person, but some online too. It was a little tiring, but I feel like I've gotten to know the area pretty well too.

Saturday was a rest/recuperate day....except I spent a couple hours driving around the western end of Colorado Springs exploring the nice homes high up on the mountains and Garden of the Gods and Bear Creek park, etc. That's where I got the photos you can see in my "Scenery" collection: Colorado Springs Scenery

CoSpgs Scenery-14

Sunday, Nikki had to work (her last day as a waitress) so Steve took me to his company's "picnic" day at Six Flags Elitch Gardens. The first thing we did was go on a ride called the Minderaser. It was one of the best roller-coasters I've been on....real fast, corkscrews, upside-downs, feet-dangling fantastic! After that we wanted to cool off, so we found a water ride that we were hoping would be the typical "log ride" we've experienced at Disneyland or Knott's Berry Farm. But it was real short (read: up-turn-down) and we got absolutely drenched.

And that was it. We checked out about 3-4 other rides, but they were all closed, so we bailed after being in the park for about 2 hours. At least it was free.

Today, I stayed home, looking online at jobs and apartments, and did get a couple phone calls....basically leads that are now officially dried up.

Good lightning/thunder/rain-storm tonight.