Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Rumble, Rumble

The last couple days have offered some thunder/lightning in the late afternoon, early evening. As I sit in Panera Bread right now (yeah....free WiFi!), I'm chatting online with Wendy via Google and monitoring my email accounts, etc. Just a few minutes ago, a crash of thunder was really close and literally shook the building. Cool.

I had an appointment this afternoon with a temp agency. I went all right, nothing too exciting/unexpected. It's going to be pretty difficult to hit the target pay range I'm hoping for....but I've only been at this for about a week, there's still time.

After that appointment, I didn't want to go back to the apartment right away, so I decided to check out the menus of some chinese and mexican food places, as I figure those are two styles that will be hard to find quality stuff around here.

When I was looking at the menu in the window of a chinese food place, I noticed this litter critter trapped there in the window:

Chinese Moth

That must be an authentic "hole-in-the-wall" ethnic dining establishment, yes?

I also stopped by a Verizon Wireless store since my 2-year anniversary is next week, which means free upgrade.

More updates when there's something worth mentioning...