Thursday, September 6, 2007

Billions served...

Time for another update, I guess.

The big news for the week: I had a hamburger from McDonalds…for the first time EVER.
I’ve always gotten the chicken nuggets at McD’s. For some reason, their burgers never appealed to me, and I was never interested in trying. But on Wednesday, while standing in line to order my nuggets for lunch, I thought to myself, “Hey, maybe I’ll be surprised and actually like it. At least I’ll know what I’ve been missing.”

So I got a quarter-pounder with cheese (and nothing else…I’m sure Ric would agree with me that plain is best). My review: Meh. What advanced technology do they use to remove flavor? It wasn’t exactly gross, but it was pretty disappointing.

Caveat: In California a couple months ago, McD’s started offering a special new Angus burger. I tried it and was quite impressed. It’s pretty loaded with flavor. I didn’t count that in my “Never-had-a-burger-at-McDonald’s” thing though, because I still had never had any regular-menu burger for the last 30 years, that most people have had. The bummer is, they don’t have it at the McD’s outside of California, so…back to the chicken nuggets.