Monday, January 5, 2009

Try, Try Again......

I've never really been one to claim to have any New Year's "resolutions" per se, but when January 1, 2009 rolled around, I did feel motivated to get on track with some goals I had been batting around noncommittally. So I committed to a couple goals (I'm intentionally avoiding the word "resolution" to keep from rolling my eyes at myself):

1. Read through the Bible in a year. I've done lots of different kinds of Bible studies in the past, but I've never attempted the read-in-a-year method. Probably since my inner skeptic balks at the idea of maintaining a perfect record for 365 days in a row. But I'm not going to hold myself to the usual all-or-nothing standard I usually do. Rather, I'm going to read whatever is up for a given date. If I miss a day, I'm not going to feel "behind" and try and catch up, I'll just start with whatever day I'm on. Hopefully that way I won't feel so overwhelmed. I'm also doing the chronological version which seems more interesting to me.

2. Run regularly. A bit vague on "regularly" since it will most likely vary from week to week depending on what other activities I've got going on. But I hope to maintain a bare minimum of 2 days a week, and shoot for 4 days a week.

Those are the big "goals" for 2009. There are a sundry of others I will discuss later. (Trying to keep this short)